Discover the joy of birding with a guided trip.
Let’s get out there!
My home state of New Jersey has a remarkable diversity of natural environments: from cedar swamps to grasslands, from deciduous woods to salt marshes and seashores. And, because it’s on the Eastern Flyway, between 350–400 species occur at least once each year—and I know where to look for them.
I offer guided birdwatching trips to any of my favorite spots, or your want-to-visit ones, at your pace. I’ll bring a spotting scope, laser pointer, and an extra pair of binoculars or two. Are you new to birding and want to experience a spring day when the air is filled with birdsong? Or are you an experienced birder from afar who wants help sorting through buzzy, high-pitched eastern wood warblers during a migration push? Either way, I want to share the joy of birding. What works for you?
You're getting the good stuff*
- My life list numbers 2,798 species – so far!
- I’ve seriously birded the USA, Costa Rica, Ecuador, South Africa, and India. I’ve also birded Australia, Israel, and many countries in Europe.
- I have encountered at least 300 species in New Jersey every year since 2013.
- I have participated in birding competitions in the USA, Sweden, and South Africa.
- “Top e-Birder” in the state 2014, and in the top five each year since 2018.
- Co-captain of Team 1000Birds in the NJ Audubon World Series of Birding: Third place 2014, First Place 2018, Third Place 2019, Second Place 2021.
*Homage to Lawrence Kasdan, “Silverado”